This campaign celebrates the French contribution to aviation engineering and is open to all French designed and built aircraft from any era - from the historic Santos-Dumont 14-bis and Demoiselle in the early 1900s to the modern Dassault Rafale jet fighter. Consortium designs like the SEPECAT Jaguar, the Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde, or Airbus airliners are also allowed, but not aircraft designed entirely in other countries in French service (e.g. a Hawk 75 or RF-84 is not allowed). The campaign will run from Victory in Europe Day, May 8, 2009 to Armistice Day, November 11, 2009.
The Rules and Regs
1. Only aircraft of French origin are allowed, including multinational consortiums with a French component.
2. Aircraft may have markings from any nation that flew the type modeled.
3. Scales from 1/200 and larger are allowed.
4. All eras are allowed - early flight, WWI, golden age, WWII, cold war, and modern.
5. All builds must start after May 8, 2009 (VE Day) and be completed before November 11, 2009 (Armistice Day).
6. Three pictures of the model must be uploaded to the campaign gallery before the finish date.
All participants completing the requirements will receive a campaign ribbon.