Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 07:58 AM UTC
Nevada Northern Railway, treasured National Historic Landmark in Ely, Nevada, has announced their schedule of events for 2012! This incredible railroad is the subject of several photo features at this site.
Nevada Northern’ Railway’s 2012 Main Events
- Our schedule is online at www.nnry.com. Please "like" us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/nnry1. See train action videos/subscribe to www.youtube.com/nnry1; follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/nnry1.
Fire & Ice Fireworks Steam Train: Fireworks shot from a moving train!!
Jack Frost Steam Train: Hot Apple Cider
Winter Steam Spectacular Photo Shoots: Featuring historic operating steam locomotives, historic freight and passenger cars, and more.
Annual Safety Sessions: (Open to the public)
White Pine Weekend
Happy Friday Steam Excursion Trains
Mother’s Day: All Moms Ride Free
Father’s Day: All Dads Ride Free
Members Weekend/Open House: 25th Anniversary of Passenger Operations; Full & exciting agenda
Railroad Reality Weeks: Great opportunity for hands-on experience working on the railroad.
Plein Air Outdoor Art Festival
Our Special Event Trains generally sell out; early reservations suggested. These include:
· Pat Nixon Centennial Flyer: Centennial Celebration of Pat Nixon’s birth in Ely in 1912.
· Steptoe Valley Flyer: Immigrant’s Meal. Our most historic, features Steam Locomotive 40 with First Class Seating on Coach 5 and Railway Post Office Baggage Car 20; and history told by Executive Director, Mark Bassett. (2.5 hrs.)
· Rockin’ & Rollin’ Geology Train: Cornish Pasty dinner. Lively presentation by consulting geologist, Roger Bowers, including railroad & mining history, and show & tell of ore samples.
· BBQ Express: BBQ Dinner.
· Wild West Limited: Cowboy dinner. Entertainment by Ghost Riders
· 4th of July Fireworks Express & Ice Cream Social: Watch fireworks by the WP Golf Course.
· Taste of Italy – Pasta Express Dinner Train: Italian food, music and wine. Mangia!
· Haunted Ghost Trains are spooktacular!
· Community Food Drive: Free Rides with food donation
· The Polar Express
(New!) Pat Nixon Centennial Flyer: Steam Train Ride commemorating the 100th birthday of the former First Lady, born in Ely in 1912. Other Ely events that weekend.
Nevada Railway Symposium
Unique programs include “Be the Engineer” to actually operate a locomotive – even with the train attached!
Click Star to Rate
No one has rated this yet.
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 10,430 TIMES.