Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 10:09 PM GMT+7
Hattons is very pleased to announce that they are taking orders for the new line of OO/1/76 SECR P Class 0-4-0T locos
This class of 8 locomotives were built in 2 batches in 1909 and 1910 with the first two examples being built with higher tanks and cab. Originally they were intended to be used on light passenger duties, including push-pull services, but were fairly quickly transferred to shunting duties, especially in dockyards, due to their short wheelbase.
The first withdrawals were made in 1955, with the last two locomotives lasting until 1961. Four versions have been preserved, including 753 which is one of the original locomotives. It is currently undergoing overhaul at the Kent & East Sussex Railway.
In total we are producing 12 versions in a variety of liveries with a whole host of tooling variations to ensure prototypical accuracy.
- Tall and short cab/tanks
- Smokebox lubricators (where appropriate)
- BR numberplate separately fitted on smokebox (where appropriate)
- Two types of buffers
- Cab window guards
- Two versions of smokebox riveting
- Two different rear steam heat pipes
The images show the pre-production models.
OO/1/76 Model Specifications:
- RP25 wheel profile
- 6-pin DCC socket in tanks
- Space for sound decoder in tanks
- 5-pole motor
- All wheel pickup
- NEM coupling pockets
- Chemically blackened wheels
- Separately fitted handrails
- Separately fitted drain cock detailing and oil lubricators
- Fully detailed and painted cab interior
Release date:December 2017
These locomotives are being produced exclusively by Hatton's and are available to pre-order now for £99 each. To avoid potential disappointment make sure you get your pre-orders in early to secure your models. See the Hatton’s website for further detail.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on RAILROAD MODELING
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 224 TIMES.