login   |    register
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Kfir C7, AMK 1/48
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
Member Since: June 02, 2006
entire network: 1,152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:17 AM UTC
Doing this guy for a 45 day GB on FB but started late and it will be a stretch to get it done by Apr 1.



Kit seat with some PE and extra goodies





Pave Penny pod with some deatols added and the celar dome made with UV activatded glue.







And with a little internet magic a jump to today. 😉 1st time using Mig acrylics and like ‘em a lot.






Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Member Since: March 09, 2017
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 54 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:20 AM UTC
That PAVE pod, tho
GazzaS
#424
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Member Since: April 23, 2015
entire network: 2,702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 142 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 - 06:23 PM UTC
Marc,
Glad to see you working on another AMK kit.
Great job on the pave pod I'm glad to see a good application for the UV glue.

Gaz
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
Member Since: June 02, 2006
entire network: 1,152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 04:16 AM UTC
Thanks guys

Gaz, I keep finding things to do with this stuff. Along the same line as the Pave Pod, I drilled out and added some aluminum tubing to the front of the Python 3 missiles and a cure a drop of the UV glue on the end and, Bob’s your uncle… seeker heads. Later i'll post how I made the head light for the nose gear.



GazzaS
#424
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Member Since: April 23, 2015
entire network: 2,702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 142 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 11:19 AM UTC
That missile looks great! Certainly better with your seeker head than black paint.

Gaz
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
Member Since: June 02, 2006
entire network: 1,152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 - 12:55 PM UTC
Ok done. Well nearly done. The last shot I took was of the bottom and it wasn’t until I looked at the pics on the PC that I decided it needs to streaking and dirt commensurate with a desert bird. I fixed the camo on the right side connecting the brown and running the middlestone up the fuselage a bit more.

Also… I give myself a major flip off. During one of the paint session I started to lose my grip in the Jimhole stick and I caught it as it went down but there was a thumb on the edge of the spray booth. A careful inspection and I felt I dodged a huge bullet. Nope. If you look close to the right side of the windscreen that plastic had majors crackage.

And boy howdy this is a great kit.