Sorry for the very late update. School is about to start for my boys and we've been getting them ready.
Lets get started!
Got the smoke launchers done and cabled up. If you want to make an Army M1 ABV, omit parts H103, H21, H21, H22, H15, N35 and use parts E101, E103, and E105. Parts E102, E104, and E106 are for the other side.
Here is the TC's weapon station. I added the retaining chains to the cradle and the cables that come from the inside. I also added the missing locking handle that is mounted on the left of the TC hatch. Also missing are handles on the TC hatch. I used the handles form the Engine Smoke Deflector, Parts C41x2, instead of making them from brass wire. Last thing missing was the strap located on the inside, top, of hatch. I made that from Tamiya tape and added two styrene bolts.
Locking handle to hatch:
Handles added to hatch:
Now to the turret rear.........
I started with filling the dimple found on the inside of the rear swing doors.
On the real vehicle, part L6 is attached to the door and not to the MICLIC frame. So when adding the parts to the doors in step 4G, just add the part instead of adding it step 4H.
Add missing hinges to smoke grenade boxes. These are very prominent on the real vehicle. Speaking of smoke grenade boxes? Again, if you want to make an Army version. leave off parts N81 and N82 and attache part C18 instead.
I built the rear turret frame and attached it now instead of in Step 7. But before attaching, I made some corrections, filled punch marks and added cables.
Punch marks to be filled:
Holes to be drilled out for cables:
Here are the cables I added.
DUKE Antenna cable:
Added GPS antenna and cable:
Well, that it for now. As of right now, the turret is finished minus the MICLIC's themselves. I will cover the MICLIC's later. I went ahead and jumped to the front of the hull where the mounting equipment for the plow is located and added all the hydraulic hoses. So in my next update, I will have pictures of finished turret and the front of the hull.