A quick update...
I've been having trouble getting the service buggy to look right, mainly a lower stance. I ended up borrowing the frame from a Tamiya Quad Tractor.
It still sits a bit high but it's workable. Plus, it gives it a more rugged industrial look.
I removed the body, engine, and some of the frame fittings. I played around with some bodypan shapes. I use cardstock to mock up stuff like that...it saves styrene.
The majority of the build pretty much was done on the fly. I tried to raid the spares as much as I could. You can probably see some recognizable parts used in this.
The logic behind this is that the vehicle would need to be rugged. I would think the terraforming equipment would be scattered about and maintenance crews would need to service them. Roadways would be dirtroads, so 4WD. No real atmosphere to run an internal combustion engine, so electric drive. To allow range they'd use a hydro-based engine as part of a hybrid system. And they'd have to carry enough food, water, etc. to survive while out on their route.
The vehicle would have to carry the more likely items for maintenance and repairs. I also figure the TF units would be simplified and bullet-proof. I would think maintenance and repairs would be simplified to a relatively small number of tools.
Crews should be able to plug in to the buggy for air and power to preserve their suits and recharge them. It's a no frills work vehicle and I plan to leave the cab open.
I still have to work up the front, which would include the electric drive motor and hydro engine. I'll probably add a winch to the front. I'll do some basic fenders for the tires. I want to add some solar panels to supplement the electric recharge.
I might scale back the terra-former. I'm not sure yet. It's for size reasons. I'll have to see how things look once I start with the base layout.