login   |    register
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
In progress: Takom Mark 1 Female
henrikpalmberg
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
Member Since: September 03, 2018
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hello fellow model enthusiasts.

This will be the log following my build of the Takom Mark 1 Female. When I did some research for this build I found out that they had gotten the drivers cab aka the dog house wrong. Its way to small so I decided to get the MR Modellbau conversion in resin.
[
The first steps of the assembly and everything went together well. I decided to drill out the head lights and Im gonna try to scratch some lenses later.

The side profiles that houses all the small wheels went together well. As much as I love the WW1 tanks its so boring to assembly the wheels.

The MR Modellbau conversion came with a set of four machine guns and they're molded pretty nice. Two of the pistol grips had broken off in transport, but I didn't care about that since they wouldn't be seen anyway.

Next up I worked on the sponsons for the machine gun. This part of the assembly requires a bit of caution. It was a bit tricky aligning all the parts of the sponsons and a bit of filler was required.

Then it was time for the dog house. It required a bit of work to make it fit the kit and unfortunately it had some bad air bubbles on the back that needed filling. Some of the rivets where damaged as well so I sanded them all down and replaced them with the spare rivets that came in with the Takom kit.

The complete tank with the mesh screen fitted. I read on some sites that the screens are too small, but I think they look ok. They're really nicely etched!

This is where I am now. Im gonna shoot the primer later and then its off to the fun part, painting the camo and weathering!

Thanks for having a look and please leave a comment!
// Henrik
henrikpalmberg
Visit this Community
Alvsborgs, Sweden
Member Since: September 03, 2018
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 06:45 AM UTC
I've been really productive painting the last couple of days since I've had some time off from work.

I started by giving the model a couple of coats of the Vallejo primer and some pre shading using Tamiya Hull read for a base.

After that I went on to the first layer of color. For this project I wanted to try something new so I tried the Ammo by Mig acrylics. I think they're quite nice to use! Any way, I shot a couple of light coats ans highlighted the panels but I didn't care about getting it too even because of the later stages of painting the camouflage.

Next I started to map out the layout of the camouflage pattern. I chose to paint it by hand rather than going through the process of masking. I followed the instructions for the "We're all in it" tank with some artistic license.

And this is where I am now. I tweaked the camouflage a little bit here and there but I'm quite happy with the outcome.




Now to shoot a couple of layers of pledge and then on to weathering!

Thanks for having a look and your comments!
// Henrik